Registered data showing on public pages
- Parent Category: Solutions
- Category: Joomla! solutions
- Published on Friday, 25 January 2013 23:39
The Problem: All of the sudden, the public could edit articles in seclected areas and view modules and content that was set to "registered".
The Event: I was setting the permissions for the Client Only area of this website. To do so, I needed to set the permissions for the group listed as Clents. All worked well until I started "fine tuning" the permissions; I wanted them to be able to edit and add information to their respective areas. Somewhere in this process I made a change that allowed for the public to not only view the content reserved for clients but also to add articles to that area.
After about an hour of headbanging, I discovered the solution.
I made one "small" change because I did not know what it meant. In the User Manager -> Options -> Users Configuration -> Component, I changed the "Guest User Group" from "Public" to "Clients". That single change granted permission to the general public to add articles and to view content reserved for clients only.
- Don't change permissions - unless you really need to.
- DO NOT change the permissions in Joomla 2.5 unless you throughly understand what the effect will be.
- Keep a written log of any permissions changes you make and in the order you make them.
- I should follow my own advice.